Chicken Cacciatore. Delicious. Irresistible.
Chicken cacciatore. The word cacciatore is the Italian word for hunter and this dish refers to the food prepared hunter style.
This is the basic recipe but we decided to add some more ingredients for a recipe that was more suitable to our families desires and taste.
So here is the basic recipe.
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (28 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 2 green bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 10 ounces of fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and top with all of the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
So that is the basic recipe.
Now here is the families recipe.
- 4 boneless/ skinless frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can tomato paste
- ½ diced yellow onion
- Fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of fresh garlic
- Medium sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Heavy sprinkle of oregano
- Light to medium sprinkle of black pepper to taste
- Fresh torn up basil leaves
Directions the same as above.