Barbeque chicken. Perfect for the campground feast.
Barbeque chicken cooked and served with homemade sauce. Perfect.
Here is a wonderful treat for the campground. Be careful though because your neighbors will be smelling the amazing aroma from many campsites away.
12 chicken thighs with skin removed1 teaspoon of chili powder1 teaspoon of good dry mustard1 teaspoon of salt 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce4 tablespoons of water2 tablespoons of vinegar3 tablespoons of ketchup3 tablespoons of brown sugar
Directions Preheat the barbeque to 500 F. On a side burner at medium heat stir together in a small saucepan, water, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice and the Worcestershire sauce. Season it with a little salt, mustard powder and the chili powder. Simmer this mixture for about 15 minutes.
Arrange the chicken thighs in an oblong baking dish and then pour the sauce over all of it. Place the cover on the dish tightly and bake it in the oven that by now is heated to 500F. After 15 minutes turn down the heat to 300 F and bake it for one hour. Then remove the cover. Stir a little and bake it for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for fifteen minutes before serving.
Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 3 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- Salt and ground pepper to your taste
- 12 chicken wings
- Preheat the barbeque to 375F
- In a large ziplock bag blend the olive oil, chili and garlic powder, salt and pepper and shake it well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Pop in the chicken wings a few at a time and shake until coated well.
- Lay out the wings on a baking sheet.
- Place in the barbeque for an hour and they should be nice and crisp and well baked.
Barbeque Chicken Recipe
This is another recipe perfectly suited for the campground or the backyard barbeque. This recipe is based upon the Italian manner of cooking so you may find the lemon and vinegar amounts a little too much for your taste. You may want to try toning down those two ingredients a little in this barbeque chicken treat.
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 chicken cut up into pieces
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Mix the lemon juice, vinegar, vegetable oil or olive oil, garlic and oregano and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Mix in the chicken and cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for an hour.
- Fire up the barbeque on high heat. Let it get hot. Lightly oil the grate so that it will not stick too bad.
- Cook the chicken until the inside of the thickest piece hits 185 F. Discard the marinade because it is possible to contain salmonella. Brush the chicken periodically with whatever sauce you like.
It really pays to plan ahead whenever a camping trip is coming up. If a recipe calls for food preparation that requires refrigeration make certain your RV system is in good working order.
Cast Iron Cooking
Artichoke spinach dip recipe
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Chicken breast recipes are hard to beat. They can be readied in a hurry and the taste is excellent. In the summer we the rotisserie chicken recipe and my husband loves the chicken crock pot recipes that the whole family will dig into at the drop of a hat. We live near a Chinese buffet restaurant and we dig into the sweet and sour chicken and we love the orange chicken recipe they offer. Chicken and rice recipe is another favorite.
Return From Barbeque Chicken to Whistler Outdoors