Chicken Marinade Recipe. Italian Chicken Recipes Are Fantastic
Most of the time our mom would start our to cook a favorite recipe but would change the recipe half way through and mix in some other ingredients.
Our family love fruits and vegetables. The recipe we present here is an old one my mom used to make when she really got into the cooking experimental mood.
This is an extensive chicken recipe and takes some time to prepare, but the results will have the whole family asking for more. One of the best chicken marinade recipe of all time.
¾ cup butter1 cup diced apple½ cup coarsely chopped nuts1 20. Oz can of crushed pineapple, drained with the syrup reserved½ cup golden raisins1 cup bread crumbs1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon cinnamon½ teaspoon nutmeg¼ teaspoon ginger¼ teaspoon ground cloves6 whole boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon sugar1 tablespoon cornstarch1/8 teaspoon salt½ teaspoon cinnamon¼ teaspoon nutmeg1/8 teaspoon ginger1 cup orange juicePineapple syrup and pineapple from reserve¼ cup golden raisins1 tablespoon butter1 orange
1. Melt ½ cup butter in a frying pan. Add apple and nuts and sauté for ten minutes. Remove from heat. Drain pineapple, reserving the syrup. Add ½ cup pineapple, raisins, bread crumbs, ½ teaspoon salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
2. Lay chicken breasts flat. sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Place 1/3 cup fruit stuffing on top. Fold sides over and fasten with skewers or string.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place remaining ¼ cup of butter in a 9 X 13 inch baking pan lined with foil. Place pan in oven until butter melts, about five minutes. Put breasts top side down in melted butter. Return pan to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for another 20 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir in orange juice. Add reserved pineapple syrup and remaining crushed pineapple, raisins, and butter.
5. Peel the orange and cut peel into slivers. Divide orange into sections and set aside. Stir orange into the fruit sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Add orange sections and simmer until thoroughly heated.
6. Place chicken breasts on a platter and serve with the fruit sauce.
Now you know why we love this chicken marinade recipe.
You may want to try some of these great chicken recipes as well.