Chicken Cordon Bleu. Fantastic…
Chicken Cordon Bleu is the type of chicken preparation that lends itself to tons of variations. This is one recipe that you will love to make and have the whole family screaming for more.
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts4 slices cheddar cheese4 thin slices of smoked ham¼ cup all purpose flour4 tablespoons corn starch1 egg; beaten1 cup seasoned bread crumbs4 tablespoons of butter or margarine ½ cup of chicken broth1 cup of whipping cream or eliminate this and the broth and use the pan juices for gravy.
PreparationPound the chicken breasts to a ¼ inch thickness and then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Wrap each breast with one slice of cheese and one of ham and hold in place with toothpicks. Roll each breast in flour, shake well and dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs. Prepare the baking dish with oil or Pam and place seam side down before placing a spoonful of butter on each piece of chicken.
Pop in the oven at 350 F 35 minutes until the juices run clear. To make the sauce, in a saucepan combine the broth and whipping cream seasoning to taste with the a salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Simmer on low until just right and pour over the chicken, or, use the pan juices to make your favorite gravy. Enjoy your chicken cordon bleu.
Chicken Divan Recipe
- 1 Cooked chicken or 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless (cut up)
- 1 package cooked broccoli
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of curry powder
- Add onions, green peppers, shrimp, crab, mushrooms to your taste.
Prepare a greased baking dish by lining the bottom with the broccoli and cover with the cooked and cut up chicken meat. Mix the ingredients for the sauce and thin with water enough to cover the chicken. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs. Bake in a 350 F oven for one hour. Goes wonderfully over a bed of rice. Can't beat this and the chicken cordon bleu recipe.
Chicken dumpling Soup
A very well rounded chicken soup combined with tasty dumplings.
- 3 skinless and boneless cooked chicken breasts. Chopped up.
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ margarine or butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups of sliced celery
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 cups of chopped cooked skinless and boneless chicken breast
- In a food processor combine one cup of the cooked chicken, eggs, ¾ cup of the chicken broth, one cup flour, parsley, 2 tablespoons of salt, black pepper and process until smooth.
- In a large pot boil four cups of chicken broth and when boiling actively drop rounded spoonfuls of the dumpling mixture in. Simmer uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes until slightly browned. Remove with a slotted utensil and drain on paper towels. Keep the liquid on hand.
- In a large pot melt the margarine over medium heat. Cook celery, garlic and onion until the onion is translucent and then stir in half a cup of flour. Pour in 2 quarts of the chicken broth stirring as you do. Bring to a boil and put in 1 teaspoon of salt and the carrots. With the cover on lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the dumplings, 3 cups of the cooked chicken and the reserved dumpling liquid. Simmer for 15 minutes before serving.
Chicken cordon bleu and these other recipes are wonderful for campground cooking as well as for the home table.
Cast Iron Cooking
Artichoke spinach dip recipe
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Pasta Recipe
Baked chicken Recipes
We enjoy the chicken chou mein recipe they serve at a nice little Chinese restaurant near our home when we are not cooking whole chicken recipes or a tasty rice casserole. The chicken noodle casserole is also a favorite. Irma has a great oven baked chicken recipe she will make every once in awhile. We used to have chicken liver recipes but sort of taken a rest from them for now.
Return from Chicken cordon bleu to Whistler Outdoors